The many benefits of recognizing individuality
Everything in the Course makes so much more sense to me now that I see there are MANY INDIVIDUALS in God's creation.
1) Recognizing that you and your BROTHER each have your own mind and your own free will
2) Recognizing that bodies were made to ISOLATE you from your brother
3) Recognizing that healing and miracles take place when you JOIN with your brother
4) Recognizing that what you thought applied only to yourself applies to BOTH of you (golden rule)
5) Recognizing that atonement is chosen be EACH brother individually and you therefore become PART OF the atonement plan to help OTHER brothers
6) Recognizing that miracles are a maximal service you can render A BROTHER, because there are others
7) Recognizing that there is not just one dreamer of the dream and therefore you can wake up while others sleep.
8) Recognizing that you have a self - a soul, which DOES exist, and you DO have a self, and your self IS NOT the ego.
9) Recognizing Holy Relationships - you have to HAVE a brother to have a relationship WITH.
10) Recognizing that YOU have a choice for which you are 100% responsible and to whom nothing happens without your choosing.
So many of the course's teachings RELY on the recognition or multiple brothers. It's got NOTHING to do with the illusion of multiplicity of egos or the separation of bodies. Every teaching becomes FAR clearer and makes much more sense when it very naturally acknowledges that OTHER PEOPLE have their own soul, mind, will, freedom, choice, path, awakening, atonement, lessons, etc.
How we ever could have taken on board the idea of us all being just one big blob with multiple personality disorder is quite bizarre really, and we did it in the name of thinking this was more spiritual.
Add your comment...